When your home isn’t equipped with ductwork, ductless cooling systems are a popular choice. These innovative ACs are small and convenient with little intrusion to the structure of your home.
Skip the headache and expense of installing ductwork and damaging walls with a standard AC. Connett services can affordably assist you in bringing comfort to your home with a ductless mini split system. We’ve been serving the Des Moines, IA area with affordable AC options and friendly service since 1999.
Talk to us today about your heater too! We can help you improve its efficiency and performance.
What Is a Ductless Mini Split AC System?
A ductless mini split AC system is a great alternative to a standard central AC. Cooling units are placed in rooms throughout the house and are operated with a remote for your convenience.
The indoor units are all connected to a compressor outside, which sends the cold air energy from outside into each room. Minimal and unobtrusive installation makes this job relatively simple for our seasoned pros. Are you ready for cooler air?
A Multi-Purpose AC Unit
The big benefit of a mini-split system to our Des Moines, IA customers is its ability to provide cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter. With a heat pump, ductless mini splits can draw heat energy from outside and deliver it to your home.
Ductless mini splits are quiet, efficient, versatile and can be installed quickly. Want to see if this system is right for your home? Contact our team to discuss your best options for heating and cooling!
Tips for Positioning Your Ductless Mini-Split
Installing your ductless mini-split system in an ideal place is a critical step in ensuring you get the most from your unit. Here are a few tips on choosing a good location to install your unit for optimal efficiency and performance.
The outdoor unit allows for many installation options. Consider these factors when deciding where to install the unit:
- Distance: you can install your outdoor unit up to 100 feet from the indoor unit, even more if necessary. However, having it closer to the indoor unit improves cooling efficiency.
- Protection: protect the unit from elements such as snow by installing it off the ground. Consider investing in an overhang for shade and added security.
- Free flow of air: Check that there’s nothing preventing the proper circulation of air into and out of the unit.
Indoor Air Handler
The indoor unit houses the fan, evaporator coil, air filtration, condensate drain and other electronic components. They’re all housed in a case that can be floor mounted or installed on the ceiling or wall.
- Height: Experts recommend installing your wall mounted unit high on the wall about 2 feet from the ceiling. For high ceiling rooms, place the unit at least eight to ten feet from the floor.
- Air distribution: make sure the unit is centrally located, so air is distributed thoroughly through the room.
- Accessibility: consider that you’ll need to have easy access to the air filters and louvers so if possible, ensure the unit is easily accessible
Ductless Mini Split Solutions
If you’re dreaming of a cozy home but don’t know where to start, Connett Services can help! Our experienced AC contractors can help you decide if a ductless mini split AC is right for you.
We’ll consider your current HVAC system, your homes construction and layout, and your budget, and make an informed suggestion. A mini split system could be the solution to your heating and cooling needs.
Conventional AC or ductless mini split? We’re ready to share all your options for heating and cooling. Call today!