When you own a home, the last thing you should spend your hard-earned cash on is a busted air conditioner! Did you know the best way to prevent expensive repairs is by giving your AC a little extra attention each year?
At Connett Services in Des Moines, IA, we’re saving folks from the headache and price tag of an out-of-work AC. We’re the professionals in seasonal care for all makes and models of HVAC systems. With flat-rate prices, quality brands, and a knowledgeable crew, we can give your AC the care it needs.
Did you skip maintenance and run into a problem? It’s cool, we do repairs too. Contact us today for 24/7 emergency repairs!
Connett Services can improve your air with duct repair. Contact us today!
What to Expect for Your AC Repair
When you encounter an issue with your HVAC system, we’re ready to help…Any time of day or night! Whether it’s 2AM on a Sunday or the Friday before a holiday weekend, we have skilled technicians available in Des Moines, IA.
Connett Services will arrive at your door with a smile. We’ll be respectful of your home as we troubleshoot your unique problem. Once we determine the most cost-effective solution, we’ll give you up-front price to keep things simple. Ready for a great customer experience at an affordable price?
Quality Brands for Long-Lasting AC Repairs
When we fix your air conditioner, we want to make sure the results last. You deserve to have the correct solution the first time around, so you’re not wasting money several times over. We use quality brands for our components to avoid replacing the same part down the road.
Beyond that, our highly-trained technicians make quality work a priority. With the best techniques and tools, we complete each repair to the highest standards for our customers.
Signs You Need to Repair Your AC
Most times, your AC will send signs that it needs repairs or replacements. Learning the signs allows you to address the problem early and prevent the stress of a full system breakdown. Besides an electric bill that’s higher than usual, here are common signs that there’s a problem brewing with your unit.
- Unusual Sounds –Your AC will most likely produce different sounds when it runs but if you hear odd noises, call your technician. Squealing or grinding sounds, for example, often indicate that something in your unit has come loose and needs to be tightened or cleaned.
- Ineffective Cooling – A drop in your AC’s performance is a common sign that your system needs to be checked right away. Possible problems include low freon levels or a failed compressor. If you notice uneven temperature distribution in your home, it’s likely resulting from a problematic thermostat.
- Moisture Near Your System – Moisture or leaks around your system indicate one of two problems. Sometimes it’s the result of a blocked or broken drain tube that channels condensation from the system. This is a minor threat but can lead to a buildup of mold if unchecked.
The other possible cause is a refrigerant leak, which is serious and needs to be addressed immediately.
- Unusual Smells – A musty smell often indicates mold in the ductwork, dirty cooling coils or a clogged condensate drain. Strong, pungent odors, on the other hand, may point to burned wire insulation that needs replacement.
- Reduced Airflow – Reduced amount of air coming from the ducts may be a symptom of several different problems. It may be due to a failing compressor that needs replacing. If you only notice the weak airflow in some rooms, it may be due to a blockage in the ductwork that needs to be addressed.
How to Tell If Your AC Needs Service
Sometimes all you need is a new air filter, but other times your AC is sending signals that there’s a much larger problem. If your AC is making a lot of noise, cooling unevenly, or is inefficient, then it’s crying out for professional attention!
Get your HVAC system in tip-top shape with a thorough inspection. We’ll let you know if there are any worn out parts or problem areas. We’ll help you replace the filter and can even clean ductwork to prevent pollutants and allergens!
Not sure if your home can handle a standard AC? Contact us about ductless mini-split systems!